The Perfect Omelet
Our guests enjoy custom prepared omelets with the specific flavors added as they desire. Some guests enjoy vegetarian, while other choose ham, bacon, chicken or turkey as protein. Sharp cheddar cheese or feta or goat cheese is often added.
The secret to a perfect omelet is to use fresh ingredients and sauté them separately in herb-infused olive oil. (We use lemon pepper fused olive oil for onions, peppers and spinach, and chili pepper fused olive oil for mushrooms and ham. You can create a variety of flavors by selecting different ingredients (e.g. basil, thyme, rosemary) for adding to the extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare each ingredient and place in separate bowls.
- Bring your skillet to temperature and add 1 tablespoon of regular olive oil.
- Add the egg mixture (eggs only, with 2 tablespoons of water to keep the pan from sticking).
- As the eggs cook, gradually add each ingredient, beginning with the ham, mushrooms and cheese, followed by the peppers, onions spinach and tomatoes.
- When the cheese melts, flip the omelet in half, and then flip it onto the plate.
- Add fresh chives on top.